Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sea Otter Classic 2013

Sea Otter is one of my favorite events of the year.  It's a ton of work that involves long hours but in a strange way it's one of the easiest events I've ever worked on, mainly because I had so much fun I forgot I was working.  There was an overwhelming amount of teamwork between departments this year and everyone was working towards one end goal.  Plus, it's cycling so it should be fun, right?

There were lots of highlights this year.  I was working in a new role that suited me perfectly, met a bunch of new people, still got to hang with the operations crew at night, hot-lapped a Volkswagen, won a Go-Pro, got up early, stayed up late and finally after four years got to drive on the track!!  Now I might have to pursue a career as a race-car driver..  Driving Laguna Seca at night down the corkscrew was hairy, but opening it up on the straightaway was so so fun - I will not forget it.







No comments:

Post a Comment